When it comes to protecting your family, you NEED to plan ahead. You don’t want to be caught unprepared when a storm hits because the results can be devastating! At Shelter Solutions of Arkansas, we believe prefabricated shelters are a necessary precaution to help ensure that your family is kept safe during even the worst storms.
All of our prefabricated above ground tornado shelters will withstand an EF5 tornado and meet or exceed FEMA 320 and ICC 500 standards.
Benefits of Prefabricated Storm Shelters
Here are some of the top reasons a prefab shelter is a must in any tornado safety plan…
- They provide near-absolute protection from dangerous forces of extreme storm winds.
- You can choose the perfect size to fit your family’s needs.
- All household members will be able to get to the shelter space safely since there are no stairs that would make it difficult for the elderly or disabled to maneuver.
- They pose less risk than in-ground shelters when it comes to possible entrapment and flooding from common water line breaks during a tornado.
- They will fit seamlessly in garages and be able to blend in based on the color you choose.
- They are less expensive than in-ground shelters that require heavy equipment and labor to install.
- They are easy to install and disassemble to take with you when you move because of the modular design, meaning it comes in individual sections.
What You Need for Prefab Storm Shelter Installation
Modular storm shelters are far less complicated than in-ground shelters and often take only about an hour and a half to install—with the added bonus of no heavy machinery to deal with!
What you need:
- A thick slab of concrete to rest the shelter on – A thicker concrete slab has more mass, which will make your shelter more stable.
- A Hilti 5/8” x5.5” screw anchor – Our installers can use this to anchor the storm shelter into the slab of concrete.
- The prefab shelter – Prefabricated shelters from Shelter Solutions of Arkansas can be placed in almost any location (as long as it has a sturdy ground), including your basement, garage, carport, or even inside of your own closet.
What You Need to Think About When Looking at Size
Protection is needed from the dangerous Arkansas tornadoes and having a prefab storm shelter can make all the difference to your family and community. All of our above ground storm shelters stand at 6’4” but models come in different sizes that can accommodate your specific needs. Below are our sizes and how many people can fit comfortably:
- X-Small: 3×5, about 5 people
- Small: 4×4, about 5 people
- Medium: 4×6, about 8 people
- Large: 4×8, about 10 people
- Extra Jumbo: 5×7, about 11 people
Contact Shelter Solutions of Arkansas
For years, we have been giving families peace of mind with our custom storm shelters. Make sure your loved ones are protected today. Contact us to learn more!